I keep saying I will do better at blogging but by the looks of it I lied. I will try to update you with our summer and fall and add pictures after.
Allie had lots of fun playing her soccer games. At the end of the season she got a medal. she was very excited for that. She started kindergarten and is learning lots. we are working hard at getting her to read sight words. she likes to look at the pictures in the book and guess at what the words say instead of sounding them out. She went on a field trip and got to ride the bus to hee haw farms in October. She dressed up as a greek goddess for halloween, but i'm a bad mom and forgot to take a picture of her in it. She was at her uncles and was riding a horse and the horse reared back cause she was screaming (she screams at everything) and she got bucked off. We took her to the dr to see if her arm was broken (it was very swollen) she had x-rays and we found out it wasn't broken, thank goodness. She did have to wear a sling for a couple of days to help with the swelling and pain.
Trevor turned 3 on October 3rd. It seems like he was 2 for the LOOOONGEST time. I am hoping that now that he is "older" he will lay off being michevious (wishful thinking). we have had fingernail polish on our walls, markers on my mattress, crushed chips in the carpet, etc, etc, etc. He is learning lots of new words and makes me laugh at the things he comes up with.. His favorite word is probably Treat. That is what I hear from him first thing in the morning, when I pick him up from the babysitter, before he goes to bed, and all the time in between. He loves to help me cook and needs to see everything I am cooking. I made him a lightning McQueen costume for halloween. He liked it up until he had to wear it and walk. I had to tell him that if he didn't wear it he wouldn't get candy. Trevor went to father and sons for the first time ever and had lots of fun playing with the binoculars.
Gracelyn is now 8 1/2 months old. She now has 2 almost 3 teeth and her very first ear infection. She is now sitting up on her own and loves to be tossed in the air. I had planned on dressing her up as a pumpkin for halloween, but didn't quite realize that she was bigger then the costume and it didn't fit, so I ran to my costume reserve and dressed her as a lion. once again i forgot to take pictures. the only reason i have one of Trevor is cause i took it a week before halloween.
Christopher has a friend who was growing a huge pumpkin to enter in a contest and we went to see it for FHE. The guy was nice enough to let them sit on the pumpkin to get their picture taken.
We had our family pictures taken recently and I love them. I kept telling Janeen (our photographer) that I only wanted pictures of the kids, but she told me that i should just get a few with myself and christopher in them and i'm glad she talked me into it.
I have been doing lots of sewing. I decided that in order to save money (since i am now learning how to budget) i would make some of my kids christmas presents. I think i have become addicted to making things for my kids. My next project is to make gracie leggings from my old t-shirts...I just might have to go shopping for new clothes for me if I keep this up. I dressed up as a paperdoll for halloween. I was very crafty this year with cardboard.
 |
| Allie waiting to get her arm x-rayed. |
 |
| Allie on the big pumpkin |
 |
| Allie's first day of school. |
 |
| Riding her big girl bike she got for her birthday. |
 |
| Riding a big slide a Hee Haw farms |
 |
| Trevor on the big pumpkin |
 |
| Trevors Halloween costume |
 |
| Trevor on his bike he got for his birthday. He refused to look at the camera. |
 |
| Trevor at father and sons |
 |
| Trevor cooking |
 |
| My halloween costume. |
 |
| These last pictures are a few of our pictures we just got taken. |
1 comment:
hum....what to comment about first...your kiddos are adorable, I love your creative cardboard costumes especially your paper doll costume (holy cow, where do you come up with your awesome ideas?), and your family photos are DARLING!!!!! I like your new hairstyle, too!!!
Post a Comment