Monday, May 31, 2010
Green Thumb...I Hope.
I have been wanting to get a garden in this spring and after much trouble ( cutting the sprinkler system wires with the tiller) I was able to finally get the planters tilled, fencing up around them, and the fruits and veggies planted. Thanks to my wonderful birthday present Natalie gave me which consisted of gardening gloves, a shovel, flip flops, and oodles of seeds, I decided to plant more plants then I have in the past years. Unfortunately I didn't get the seeds started in time so I had to purchase my plants, but I will have the seeds for next year. So now I can't wait to see how green my thumb is (or isn't) this summer. I usually stick with the same old things every year: tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, zuchinni, and squash. This year I am still planting all those wonderful veggies, but I added broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, onions, celery, corn, jalepenos, watermelon, cantalope, pumpkins, & carrots. OOO I am so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Think of all those yummy veggies in a few months!!! You are so handy! I could never fix a sprinkler problem!!!Good job!!!!
FUN!!!!
(and too bad about the sprinkler wires!)
Way to go Chach! Every year I say I am going to plant a garden and I never get around to it :( Hopefully we will get to eat some of your yummy veggies this fall :)
Yay for gardens!!! They are much work, but the harvest is fabulous!
Post a Comment