Friday, May 29, 2009

"The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round"

We happen to live across the street for the Jr High and Allie sees the buses coming to and from the school to pick up the kids and every day asks if she can ride the bus. I always tell her that she is to little to ride the bus and that when she goes to school then she "might" ride the bus. The elementry school is across the street too so that might never happen, poor little girl. Well I remembered that a wonderful lady in our lives happens to drive a bus and will be retireing this year, so I made a phone call to her and set up a day that we could take a ride on her bus. Allie loved it. She got all buckled up in the seat and sang the wheels on the bus with the bus driver. She learned that the bus has to stop and look both ways when it gets to the train tracks. When the ride was over Allie got to honk the horn and was given a matchbox bus and a magnet that hangs on our fridge to remind her of her fun ride.




To catch up a little...We spent all day Saturday with the help of my wonderful brother in law Chad, setting up a swingset for the kids. It was so cute to see how excited allie and her cousins and the little girl next door were when they finally got the chance to swing on it. We need to go buy a bucket swing so trevor can take a turn, he loves to swing.


I thought I would throw in this picture of Trevor..He was eating his bottle and fell asleep in the middle of it. So sweet!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love it! All of it! The pictures of Allie on the bus are adorable, I am trying not to covet your swingset..lol..and Trevor is such a doll!! Love you guys!

Marilee said...

Building that great big swing set is quite a project--I bet everybody is glad it's finished (especially the kids). How fun is that!?! Cute pics, too!!

Leanne said...

how fun! what a sweet lady for taking her for a ride! jealous of your swingset! we have dirt. not even good dirt. :)