Saturday, June 20, 2009

Strawberry Days

We go to the parade every year for Strawberry days. We reserve our space in front of Uncle Roberts house. Family and friends join us to watch the festivities. The weather this year wasn't the best. A couple of times we had to hide under a huge tree to protect us from the rain. Allie loved the horses and all the bands. She would dance around in circles when the bands would play. Trevor was very curious when all the loud vehicle sirens came on. He didn't get scared or cry. What a big boy he is! We decided to take the kids to the carnival once the weather calmed down. The first thing Allie wanted to ride on was "The Big Round" AKA the Ferris wheel. Christopher took her on that ride and I swear the guy running the ride forgot they were on there cause he kept taking people off who had gotten on after Allie and Chris. I was very nervous to watch as Chris would swing the seat back and forth. It didn't phase Allie, she just sat there smiling the whole time. She got to ride on the merry go round twice with daddy and she rode on the train all by herself. Mom and Allie rode the dragon ride and she laughed the whole time. That was a fun experience. The corners on the ride would whip her head back and forth and slam her forward on the safty bar. I tried to slide her back a little in the seat so the bar wouldn't hurt her and she said "Don't touch me mom". Guess I won't try to help anymore lol. While waiting for Allie to ride the merry go round, I looked at Trevor and he smiled at me so I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek then went back to watching Allie and he made this little scream to get my attention and when I looked down he smiled at me again, so once again I gave him a kiss on the cheek and so it continued until Allie was done with the ride. I love when they get to the stage that they are understanding more and playing. As the last ride was coming to an end the rain started trickling down. Little by little more rain came down as we tried to get to our car. By the time we reached the car we were drenched. We hurried as fast as we could to get the kids and the stroller in the car. When we were finally all in we had water dripping from the ends of our hair (we had only parked a block away). It was so fun spending time with our little family.






4 comments:

Natalie said...

I miss carnivals! I don't think they even have them here :(
I cannot believe how much Trevor looks like you! So adorable!!

akagi79 said...

I have to say, Chad and I couldn't decide if it was more fun to watch Allie or the parade!! It was fun even if it rained on our parade!!!LOL!

Marilee said...

Gotta love the Carnival! And all the little things that make kids so happy (like the merry go round and parades).

Leanne said...

fun! can't wait for Onion Days...yes I can, it's in September!