Monday, August 27, 2012

Let's Try this AGAIN!!

My darling husband informed me a couple of weeks ago that I haven't been blogging and need to do better. So here I am AGAIN to say i will try to do better. I decided that I would wait until Allie's 6th birthday to do my come back post. Can you believe it?  6 years old!  So here we go....Allie turned 6 yesterday. We had a birthday party for her on saturday. She let me know that she wanted a smurf party and she wanted to be smurfette. Being the most fabulous mother that I am I set out to accomplish her smurf desire. I got online and looked up all the info I could on smurf parties and prizes and decorations and games and the list goes on. I found a wonderful lady on ebay who made these darling invitations. I then went on amazon and found a smurf movie (old school), smurf reading books, smurf stickers, smurf rings, and smurf coloring books (prizes covered). Then there were the Smurf hats I wanted to make for each child at the party. They turned out cute. I went to the copy center and this wonderful lady helped me create the decorations and the details for the gift bags. In the gift bags went a blue jump rope, blue balloon, blue push pop, blue airheads, blue mike and ikes, a sheet of smurf stickers, and a box of crayons which as you know contains a blue crayon. I made Allie a white tutu for a different spin on smurfette's dress and a white t-shirt went over a long sleeve blue shirt and a pair of blue leggings under the tutu. I cut out brainy smurf glasses for a trivia game. We had a smurf bingo game, and played pass the present, which we did to the smurf theme song. then it was time for smurf cupcakes with the rings on top that I got from amazon and a blue squeeze it juice. I think that it was quite a success. That night when Allie was a sleep I blew up 25 balloons and trapped them between her door and garbage bags so that in the morning when she opened her door the balloons would fall at her feet. It didn't work out as perfectly as I had planned but she still was suprised and loved every minute of it.
Also this week, allie started first grade.






Allie opening gifts
Gift bags

Decorations
My brainy smurfs
Cupcakes
Having refreshments

 
1st day of first grade

No comments: