Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Motivation...Or Lack of

I have been telling myself every day for the past couple of months that I need to get up and going in the exercise area of my life. Then I eat something not so healthy and I tell myself "oh you messed up today what is the point in exercising, try again tomorrow". Don't get me wrong, I know full well that that is all the more reason to exercise but my brain is tricky. So this morning I told myself that today is the day i'm going to get on that treadmill. Well I knew I would be having pizza for lunch (my department won a contest and the prize was a pizza party)..that doesn't help the waist line. I decided salad was going to be my dinner. As I was driving home I was thinking about that treadmill and remembered that my headphones for my ipod is broken so I splurged and spent a whopping $5 on headphones so I can run to my music. I keep telling myself that even if I just run for 20 min (if I can last that long) I will feel so much better about myself and it will motivate me to keep getting on that treadmill every day. Well here it is 8:30pm and my brain is being all tricky again and telling me that I ate pizza what is the point in getting on the treadmill. So here I am documenting the fact that today is the day that I over power that tricky part of my brain. As soon as this post is completed the knee braces are going on, the tennies are getting tied, and the hair is getting pulled back as best I can and I am going to conquer that stupid voice in my head. Wish me luck!

No comments: