Friday, March 13, 2009

Incentive

I never realized how much time and patience it takes to potty train a child. we bought Allie some underwear so she can be a big girl and use the potty. Well she begs to wear her underwear then once they get put on she wants her diaper on instead. Once she realized that wasn't going to happen she would tell us every 2 minutes that she needs to go to the bathroom. Of course there have been accidents and she lets us know afterwards. I decided to get her an incentive to help her remember to tell mom when she needs to go. We went to maceys today on our way home and she picked out her treat for when she goes poop in the potty. The second we got home she was running for the bathroom so she could have a sucker. Seems to be working so far :)

4 comments:

Annie Valerio said...

oh she is getting to be such a big girl. I can't wait to potty train Ryder. NO MORE DIAPERS!!! will be nice LOL.

akagi79 said...

I she gets trained fast, for your sake!!! It is kinda hard to the Mommy and Daddy too! She is such a smart kid, I don't think it will take long!!Good Luck to Allie!!

Natalie said...

She is so cute with her bag of suckers!!
I really hope that she takes to it quickly. Tanner took forever, but he is also a boy.
Good luck Allie!!

Marilee said...

Potty training is, oh, so much fun!! Yay for potty treats!