Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Grandma Avera Williams


It is sad to say that Allie's Great Grandma Williams Passed away this last week at the age of 96. She was the sweetest lady ever! As I was deciding on a name for Allie I kept telling Chris that I wanted her to have a middle name but he is against any girl having a middle name just cause once she is married she will take on a new name. I finally convinced him to let her have one and as I was deciding what it should be I was thinking of all the grand children and great grandchildren that grandma had. I realize that quite a bit of them were named after Christopher's grandfather and none were named after his grandma. So I decided that we would name her Allie Avera Williams (if we had a girl) I'm so glad that we did!!! Great Grandma was so thrilled to have a great grandchild named after her that she would always introduce her as "Allie Avera" it was so cute. I remember the next day in the hospital after allie was born she was the very first one there to hold Allie. She was a kind and loving lady she was always looking after all of us and we will miss her very much!

7 comments:

Marilee said...

Sorry for your loss--sounds like great grandma lived a full life clear up to 96 years, wow!

The Keele's said...

Awe- I knew Allie's middle name was after her, but I didn't know you guys were the first to honor her in using her name! That makes it 10 times more special.

Annie Valerio said...

I am so sorry about your Grandma Williams. It looks like Allie was named after a special lady and you can always tell her that and tell her stories about who she was named after. She lived a long full life that's comforting.

Natalie said...

That was wonderful! Grandma June says that she is very happy that she got to meet Grandma Williams at your wedding...she had a great time talking to her.
Love you guys!

akagi79 said...

It was always fun to see grandma Avera at Allie's birthday parties and she was always so sweet. I can tell that Allie loved her lots. Keep talking about her and she may remember her as she gets older!

mpmitche said...

I love when people name their kids something that has a great story behind it. Sorry for your loss, she sounds like a great lady for your sweetheart to live up to.

Leanne said...

that is so sweet that she would introduce her like that. And that's such a sweet thing for your little Allie to know about her.